Employer mandate concerns are on the rise for small to midsize businesses. Let Cosby Insurance Group guide and navigate you through complex regulations and help you understand the pending legislation.
Healthcare Reform: Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Health care reform has been actively debated in the United States for over one hundred years.
Beginning with the Flexner Report published in 1910 to the recent ACA healthcare reform with President Obama signing one of the most sweeping social legislation on March 23, 2010; H.R. 3590, the Manager’s Amendment S.A. 3276 also enacted on March 23, 2010 and then the House passed its bill H.R. 4872 Health Care and Education Tax Credit Reconciliation Act of 2010 and it was signed by the President on March 30, 2010.
This debate will not end. For now, you can find the following useful resources for your company, employees, and family members:
- United States Chamber of Commerce: Critical Employer Issues in PPACA
- Detailed chart on the new health care reform laws
- Simplified timeline of implementation
- Private Health Insurance Provisions (P.L. 111-148)
- BlueCross BlueShield Association Detailed Summary of PPACA and HCERA
- Public Law PPACA & HCERA Consolidated Print Regulation
- The Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act (PPACA) Consumer Guide
- Department of Labor
- Office of Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight
Patient Bill of Rights
- New Patient Bill of Rights
- White House Announcement of the Patient Bill of Rights
- H.R. 1206 – Legislation to amend PPACA
For an English summary of the new health care law click here.
For a more detailed explanation and analysis of your current employer group plan or to schedule a consultation on selecting an employer group, please contact Steven Cosby for more information and to schedule a healthcare plan evaluation for your company.